We're passionate about connecting people ready to work with people who need work done. As Mytask continues to grow it's important that the community follows guidelines that reflect our values and standards of behaviour. We work hard to enforce these guidelines so that we can maintain our authenticity and transparency, so that everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Mytask is here to help facilitate a reliable, safe and successful environment and is here to help resolve issues should they arise. In return, we ask for your cooperation and timely response to the Mytask team. If you suspect a member has violated any Community Guidelines, please report it to Mytask ASAP. Use the Report as Inappropriate feature located within the task or comments section, or go to Contact Us.
This document will continue to change as we grow and continue to think about what's best for the Mytask community.
Mytask takes breaches of the Community Guidelines seriously. If our team receives reports that you have breaches any of the Guidelines below, we may take action to remove any content, Posted Task or Offer You have submitted to the Mytask Service or cancel or suspend Your account and/or any Task Contracts.
Task posting guidelines
The Mytask marketplace helps you get more done. To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
- A. Tasks must be legal
- B. Prohibited items list
- C. No escort or adult services
- D. Clear scope, time and budget required
- E. Task based posts
- F. No advertising
- G. No alcohol related Tasks
1. Publicly sharing private information
To maintain the integrity and authenticity of Mytask, our members can only share private contact information once an offer is accepted via private messages.
To protect your safety and security, disclosure of private contact details or 3rd party links are not allowed to be shared in any public areas of the site including any comments and attachments. This includes, but is not limited to, business websites, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, personal emails, phone numbers, addresses or personal websites. This is for the purpose of your safety and privacy and to prevent spam
2. Unacceptable behaviours
Community is at the heart of what we do at Mytask. Courtesy, mutual respect and seeing things from another person's perspective is essential. At Mytask, we do not tolerate the following negative behaviours against other members of the Mytask Community or Mytask Staff:
- 2.1 Hatred or violence
- 2.2 Discrimination
- 2.3 Harassment
- 2.4 Illegal behaviours
- 2.5 Trolling
3. Unsupported practices
At Mytask, we're committed to bringing communities together however this requires your support and cooperation. We do not support the following activities within our Mytask community, as it jeopardises the creation of a fair, transparent and trustworthy environment:
- 3.1 Fraudulent Mytask reviews
- 3.2 Artificially improving public profile
- 3.3 Discussion forum
- 3.4 Harvesting member information
- 3.5 Lead generation
- 3.6 Posting spam tasks
4. Pricing and payments
To ensure a safe and rewarding environment for all members of the Mytask community, it's important to understand how pricing and payments work.
- 4.1 No partial payments
- Any offers made on your task should be for the full scope of the task. When you accept an offer, that is the final amount that you're obligated to pay and there are no additional fees. Tasks offering partial payment, including sales and commission based tasks, are not permitted and will be moderated and/or removed.
- 4.2 Mytask Pay account
- Cash payments are not supported on the Mytask platform. When an offer is accepted your credit / debit card is charged and your funds are securely held in the Mytask Pay account until the task is completed. The Mytask Pay account ensures your funds are held safely until the task is finalised.
- 4.3 Accurate banking details
- To provide seamless transaction of funds to your Tasker, please ensure your credit or debit cards details are valid and up to date in your Payment Settings.
- 4.4 Payment with VISA or Mastercard
- All tasks must be remunerated via credit or debit Mastercard or VISA card. Cash or cash equivalent payments are not supported.
5. Accountability for task outcomes
When you accept a Tasker’s offer on your task, you and the Tasker remain accountable for your behaviour on the Mytask platform and the outcome of the task.
Your responsibilities include:
• 5.1.The experience you provide for other members
Posters must not repetitively provide poor experiences for other members of the Mytask Community.
We remind you that where Mytask receives reports that you have breached any of these Guidelines, we may take action to remove any content, or cancel or suspend your account and/or any task contracts.
6. Account eligibility
We know you're eager to set up an account and get started on Mytask, but we need you to make sure you qualify for the below:
- 6.1 18 years or older
- All members of the Mytask community must be 18 years or older. This is a legal requirement as people under the age of 18 are not able to enter a legal contract with Mytask. Mytask reserves the right to request proof of age should this be necessary.
7. Account administration
Now that you understand a little more about Mytask, we have some important information regarding accounts.
- 7.1 No account transfers
- Your account is your responsibility and you must maintain control of it. It must not be transferred to another person as your account and reviews reflect your skills and abilities.
- 7.2 No duplicate accounts
- Members may only have a single, active account on the platform. As your account reflects your reputation in the marketplace and represents your skills and abilities, any duplicate accounts attempting to disguise a member's history, will be removed immediately. This means that all content posted by additional accounts will be removed and any associated task contracts will be cancelled.
- 7.3 Cooperating with other members for the Mytask Community and Mytask Staff
- Where members of the Mytask Community or Mytask Staff reach out to request information, both Posters and Taskers are required to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
8. Identity on Mytask
Mytask is committed to building a community platform that is a positive and safe environment for all. This commitment is grounded in the principles of transparency and respect. To help foster trust in the community, all members are required to have a profile photo and name that accurately identifies them.
Fake/ miscellaneous photos & names are not permitted on the Mytask platform. Members that do not have an accurate profile photo or name that meets Mytask standards will be asked to change their details.
Mytask profile standards
- 8.1 Name
- Your real name as confirmed by your identification documents (passport, drivers licence etc).
- 8.2 Profile photo
- A clear front-on profile photo of a members face, so it’s easy recognisable by other members.